Contact Us Today:
Blue Haven Pools - Tulsa
241 North Aspen
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
Or Email: [email protected]
Blue Haven Pools
- In Home Consultation
- Custom Designs
- Swimming Pool Remodels
- Landscape Designers
- Servicing Numerous Oklahoma Towns
Seasonal Savings: The Best Time to Buy a Pool in Oklahoma
If you’ve decided to install a pool on your property, the next major decision is to decide when to have it installed. A pool is an extensive construction project that can take a few weeks or a few months, depending on the project, the weather and your needs. Pools can be installed any time of year, but each season has pros and cons.
Pro: Your pool is installed by the time it’s warm enough to swim, and you can use it right away.
Con: Expect to pay full price. This is the most popular time of year for installation, so you’ll have to book your installation far in advance. Also, if Oklahoma experiences a wet spring, heavy construction equipment is likely to do more damage to your landscaping than it would in drier years.
Pro: You won’t have to worry about cold temperatures delaying installation, so construction time could be shorter if you live somewhere with drier summers.
Con: Blue Haven will be hard at work in your backyard during all the weeks you actually want to swim. Also, your backyard will be largely out of commission during a time of year many folks enjoy being outside.
Pro: If you install in the fall, you have plenty of time to plant grass and let it fill in the area around your pool before you use it in the spring. Trees and bulb flowers also do well when planted in the fall. Landscaping takes time, and a fall installation gives you some warm months before winter sets in.
Con: After a fall installation, you’ll have to stare at your pool in the cold weather for months before you can hop in.
Pro: If you can have your pool put in before the end of the year, you can beat annual price increases, which are passed from suppliers to installation companies to you. A fall or early winter installation can help you lock in a good price before the end of the year.
Con: Concrete can’t be poured when the temperature is too low, so construction could be delayed, especially if Oklahoma experiences another ice storm ridden winter. Concrete cannot set in freezing temperatures, so Blue Haven will not install when the weather isn’t warm enough to avoid structural issues.
A few more tips
- Factor in city or neighborhood permitting for your installation timeline.
- Plan for additional installation you might want done in tandem with your pool, such as a deck or patio. If you want to complete additional projects before spring or summer, make sure to allow yourself enough time to get it all done.
- Pool installation doesn’t begin the moment you hang up the phone with the installation company. Some businesses schedule installations six months or more in advance, and calendars can fill up quickly in busier months.
- Installing a pool on your property is a major decision, so don’t rush. Schedule your installation during the time of year that works best for you.
Blue Haven is an extablished full-service pool builder specializing in the design and construction of custom inground swimming pools. We also enhance your backyard oasis with landscaping, lighting, water features, hot tubs and spas.
If you’re considering buying a pool, one of our licensed installers would love to answer any questions you might have. Call us at 918-258-4525 or contact us online.